Register for Better South training classes
The Center for a Better South periodically offers entrepreneurial and capacity-building training classes to provide people who live in the S.C. Promise Zone to improve skill sets. See rules and limitations below.
March 4, 2017: Walterboro grant-writing training session [NO SPACE AVAILABLE]
South Carolina native Vanessa Nelson-Reed will offer an all-day training session through the University of South Carolina in Walterboro on Saturday, March 4, 2017. Her class will be similar to the one offered on Feb. 3, 2017.
- Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, March 4, 2017
- Location: Board room, Colleton County School District, 611 Colleton Loop, Walterboro, S.C.
- Class is limited to 15 participants on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 1/16 update: This class is full. To be alerted to an opening or the next opportunity to sign up, please register, which will put you on a waiting list. We are working now to find additional opportunities.
- Register today via EventBrite
There is no cost to attend either course. But to attend, you must register, above, through EventBrite. Each class is limited to 15 participants.
- Attendance is limited. Reservations are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. If a class fills up, you will be put on a waiting list in case a spot opens. If a spot does not open, we will contact you when a new class is offered.
- Lunch will be provided. Participants will receive a catered, boxed lunch at midday.
- No show policy. If you register and can’t come, please let us know as soon as possible so we can make a space available to someone else. If you reserve a place and don’t attend, you will be billed $20 to reimburse the Center for lunch. Signing up for the class is a commitment by you to attend for free or pay the lunch fee if you don’t.
- Transportation. You will have to provide your own transportation to a class. However, we encourage people in Colleton, Hampton and Jasper counties to attend the Walterboro session, while the Allendale class will be closer for people who live in Allendale, Bamberg and Barnwell counties.
- Questions. Please send questions by email to: email@example.com.
Trainings offered by the Center are provided through a Rural Business Development Grant awarded in 2016 by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The Center for a Better South was a leading driver of the area’s combined effort to apply for and be successful in winning the federal designation for the region to be a Promise Zone. You can get updates on the Promise Zone at its website: http://www.SCPromiseZone.org.